Monday, January 02, 2006

star 1 on star chart

well my New years eve was huge, but fun! it was exactly how i wanted it to be. It was my and Dans new years resolution to quit smoking together in 2006 - i had my last cigarette with him, i think he was a bit shocked that i was actually going through with it, i told him that this is something i have been preparing for for weeks! the last couple of days i have been doing heaps of neuro linguistic programming to help me get pshyched, it's working, when i get a craving fit kat appears in my head. I sat with dan and had my last cigarette and told him that i refused to sit back and be the idiot paying to kill myself fu$k them (them being the owners / chair persons of cigarette companies) nd i refused to die prematurely or waste another day of my life feeling like shit because of them... fu@k them again!

so, i made a little star chart. Every day we're non smokers we each get a star, at the end of every week with a complete set of 7 stars we get a reward, this week im getting a facial, next week a massage, the week after a new set of skin care and the week after that a scale and clean so i have a fresh new mouth! (i'd get this done first but it takes us a month to get in to the dentist...

i got excited this morning and said i get a goal star ... dan said... i want a gold star too... i told him hed have to stop smoking then id give him one lmao - juvenile i know but it seems like it'll work, yes, i now answerable to my fridge (where the chart hangs)

anyway, going to go as im still feeling the effect of NYE, gonna go cook a yummy clean brekky....see if it'll help me feel more energetic!

xxx

2 comments:

Sekhmet said...

I used to do the star thing for every day I ate clean - it's lovely seeing all the pretty, twinkly stars at the end of a month ;)

I think at the end of the day it's whatever helps to keep you going :)

Kaddy said...

hey! yeah - im at the point where it's more like "whatever it takes" i'm on to day 3, my head is spinning, i'm not feeling like a very nice person, i'm not in a very 'nice' mood and i feel like biting someones head off. my poor customers they're not getting a 'happy kat' today... more like a freekin exhausted is this ever going to bloody end kat....