Thursday, January 05, 2006

Real Girls!


Came across this book the other day - thought it would be a great pressie for a teenage girl...a good introduction for a positive self :-)

Taking a holistic approach to loving, accepting, and nurturing oneself, this vibrantly illustrated cookbook offers healthy tips for both the mind and body. Rather than pushing teens to diet, this empowering volume celebrates food and encourages girls to stop obsessing about what they should and should not eat and encourages them to indulge in what is best for them nutritionally. Lushly designed, the book also contains numerous simple, healthy, and delicious recipes from the author's sister, a California-based celebrity chef, as well as favorite meals from real girls from around the world.


2nd day of clean eating and I think the whites of my eyes are brighter - I know that sounds weird but I feel like a rabbit in headlights (but in a good way!) - bright eyed and bushy tailed!! LOL!

Thinking of creative ways for sauces - especially for my grilled chicken - maybe a ratatoui addition: chopped capsicum/cucumber/tomato with browned onion...mmm. Again its all about being organised. I plan to make a couple of varieties for the week - but will use an organic salsa for my meat - and something herby for the fish...talk about getting back to basics in the kitchen!!

I have not missed dairy or protein powder AT ALL - I dont even use it after weight training - and my 'funny tummy' has completely disappeared!! Its amazing how much money you can spend on supplements - I had to seriously question the benefits (and not ignore the negatives) and if I could get what I needed from 'real' foods - obviously I opted for REAL and even if this choice requires a litte more preparation - I save both money and the confusion I put my body through (particularly in the digestive department!!)

Oh - then I looked at the nutritional info of my protein powder - 22 ingredients!!! - most I couldnt even pronounce!! Scary stuff...

1 comment:

Kaddy said...

how funny! our two posts are a bit similar! Yes, I am stoked i don't need to worry about spending hundreds of dollars on WPI and supplements and ruddah ruddah...and yes, my digestive system is responding much better too!

Also, that book - REAL GIRLS EAT - would be perfect for grown ups ttoo! I have met so many women of late who are so confused about nutrition etc, try lots of different things, different trainers and just come out more confused! I reckon there'd be something in there for all of us!