Tuesday, January 10, 2006

RIZE !


I really want to see this film RIZE by David Lachapelle - www.rizethemovie.com

"Rize" reveals a groundbreaking dance phenomenon that’s exploding on the streets of South Central, Los Angeles. Taking advantage of unprecedented access, this documentary film brings to first light a revolutionary form of artistic expression borne from oppression. The aggressive and visually stunning dance modernizes moves indigenous to African tribal rituals and features mind-blowing, athletic movement sped up to impossible speeds."

Daid Lachapelle is known for his surreal and provocative photos of celebrities...like this one of Pam - which I think is awesome!!! (so does my boyfriend!! LOL!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Bella,

I looooove the photo for "Rize"! Thanks for sharing it. *smiles*

Photography is a hobby of mine. That's why I have so many pictures in my blog.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers,
Lia
:-)

Lucinda said...

ooo! I want her abs ;)

RaeC said...

Hi everyone,

I sent a text to Kat last night to check she got through the cyclone OK... she's fine!! The cyclone passed to the North of them, so they were only experiencing rain. So she should be back posting soon!!

Rae x

RaeC said...

Kat,

When you get back, Nicole E posted something on her blog this morning that I thought would come in handy for you!! It was:

"I was left with the notion that if you want to be something, then see yourself as that something. Don't stay attached to what you don't want to be. An example is a person who quits smoking. When they say, "It has been 10 days since I quit smoking." They are attaching themselves with still smoking with that statement. The best thing for the person to do is to say, "I am a non-smoker." Seeing themselves as the desired outcome instead. So the challenge for me is to see myself as a healthy and vibrant person - not someone who is struggling. Once you embrace the vision as now there is no stopping anyone! (I know this concept and my ramblings are a bit deep, but I wanted to share them.)
--Nicole E

I thought of you immediately and knew it could help :)

I hope you're staying dry!!

Love Rae x

Kaddy said...

thanks soooo much Rae!

re: the pammy pic - i reckon it looks like it's been taken at the end of a night of heavy drinking and partying - pammy falls over and wallah - priceless pic of pammy.

love the other one tho! too hot!

Sekhmet said...

Is that what you look like at the of a big night Kat???

Kaddy said...

i wish... lmao