Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Strength


Well...

...firstly, my nutrition and training have been really strong. I feel healthy - my digestive system is working like it should and apart from DOMS my body is ready and raring to go!

I have no time to waste - I have so much I want to achieve in life - and I know with great health, love and happiness I can do anything. I am so fortunate to have a good balance of those 3 things - and never will I take them for granted.

I am 26 - I am willing to learn - I am willing to experience - my eyes are wide open...

...I found out yesterday that my beautiful Grandpa has throat cancer - a fight which will require the greatest strength but a fight which he will not be alone in. x

5 comments:

Sekhmet said...

So sorry to hear your bad news Bella, I know you'll be fighting strong in his corner - I'm always here for you if you need anything xxx

Bella said...

Thanks so much Sekhmet - xxx

Anonymous said...

What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger Bella. :)

Great attitude, you're certainly travelling full steam ahead.

Have a wonderful day!

Lia xo

RaeC said...

Bella,

So sad to hear your news... I always cry when I hear someone has found out a loved one has cancer because I know the road ahead will be an emotional roller-coaster.

You have a loving heart, a strong will and a positive attitude. These things alone will help you get through the tough times and will help you be there for the people around you.

I second what Beki says... we are here for you and I wish you strong days ahead and much courage for this new battle, but it is a battle that can definitely be won.

Take care and we'll chat soon...

Love Rae xxx

“If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.”
--Lance Armstrong

Kaddy said...

i love that quote! how empowering!