Friday, January 06, 2006

New Product Discovery


Even though I try and eat organic as much as possible when I am at my business in the city - its almost impossible to do so when I am at my other business in the country. Weird - I would have thought this country town would have a farmers market or at least small fruit&veg shop - but not so!! Instead there are 2 massive Supermarkets - which I have heard ruined business for the small stores (so much for local support)- so I have no choice but to buy my perishables at Safeway :-( There is an 'organic' section which has the saddest variety (green beans / apples / green beans / and more green beans) and packaged in plastic and polystyrene!! (does this not defeat the purpose of organic?!!!)

Then I went by the milk section (where I normally shudder - remember that website www.milksucks.com that I posted a while back...?) well, instead of thinking about cow udders pumped with hormones I stopped to see a new milk called A2! There is no genetic modification involved in the process, and the tests are non-intrusive to the animals, requiring only a tail hair sample. A2 Milk contains no additives, artificial flavours or colours.

So I popped it into my trolley and am going to try it this afternoon with my coffee - will let you guys know if its MOO or POO....!! x

5 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Why when I post a comment sometimes does it not appear when I go back in???? Very frustrating and irritating. Anyway, I was just going to mention that I had to buy Organic from Safeway the otherday and was disgusted by the amount of packaging - especially polystyrene which is about the least enviro-friendly you can get. BUT it is good karma to get organic coz they over charged me for avocados and had to give me a full refund hehehe :)

PS All my one had was rock solid avo's and a few zucchini :( Much prefer to support the little guys than the big supermarkets - pah!

Kaddy said...

ok, now i want to know if either of you two girls have bothered to complain to safeway or the organic producers to point out the packaging thing?? unless you tell them nothing will ever change. remember "people power"

Sekhmet said...

Aha! No I didn't but I certainly will - this is also my year of speaking up. I had a letter from PETA inviting me to become an activist for the Asia-Pacific area after I enquired about PETA down-under (they don't currently have an office here or in the region)... It's time to jump in with both feet and speak for those that can't speak for themselves!!!

Sekhmet said...

One letter of complaint sent - I shall post the reply on my blog when I get it - i told them that until they seriously reduce or removed the packaging that I would be buying my organics elsewhere and encouraging others to do so....

Kaddy said...

yay! go team beki!!