Monday, November 28, 2005

ME ON THE WAY TO THE GYM....


Its moooonnnday - and Im feelin' ok....sounds like a song- my singing doesnt really work with those lyrics though - Im more of a mariah carey girl myself...ahem.

So yeah - Im ok - woke up this morning to start my 9 week countdown - with a HEAVY and I mean HEAVY workout - said Raes words in my head of 'lift heavy or go home' - it really motivated me - I actually felt my abs through the workout - love the feeling of a strong 'inner core' - just got to see them work!!

My arms were shaking when I had my post shake - my muscles sucked up the protein like a sponge - they bloody needed it!! Had to laugh - still going to this country gym - 2 old school classrooms pushed together - equipment is old, but hey, it does what I need it to do! I picked up the 10kg for my bicep curls and I had 3 women crowd around me and watch!!! They had never seen the 10kg used by a girl before - I was shocked!! I felt like ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGER!! Told them they will have to take some photos when I pick up the 12.5kg...!! It was good - I think it motivated them to pick up a heavier weight than a 4kg - 'chicks should and CAN lift heavy!!'

Meals today:
Meal 1: 1/3 cup oats w 30g protein powder
Meal 2: 1/2 cup oats w 200g cottage cheese
Meal 3: 100g chicken w 100g sweet potato & mushrooms
Meal 4: 100g chicken
Meal 5: 150g lamb w green beans

Other:
3x coffee
post-workout shake

I know I said I wont be having cottage cheese - but I hadnt had time to preprepare meals - so it was the easy option. One thing I have to confess is my 'abuse' of soy milk....yep have been drinking it out of the carton!!! so...I will have to control my addiction - 2tbs per coffee bella!!! Lite Soy Milk DOES NOT replace WATER!!! Phew - feel better - I think all those nice pink drawings on the carton doesnt help - it all looks so friendly and good for you....damn marketing ploys - gets me everytime!!

so....I'LL BE BACK....sorry guys had to say it!!!

8 comments:

Sekhmet said...

I love soy milk too - especially vitasoy lite original. While I was slacking last week I bought cereal and vitasoy - only had it once but now I have this open carton in my fridge saying "drink me, drink meeeeee". Sigh. I'll have to put it out of it's misery soon.....

Kaddy said...

yea tip it down the sink lol...

bella, you're an inspiration... get them to take a pic so we can all see the 12.5kg DB's being bicep curled...

Bella said...

the 12kg pic will be interesting - i will be bright red with veins popping out of my neck...very attractive. will scare the girls away from big weights for sure! haha

Sekhmet said...

Hi Ness,

The blog definately helps - especially when you get these guys on your case for being slack :) lol

I found that going to the gym made me put on my weight! I was training with weights 4 times a week and doing running and step classes a total of 7 times a week but eating a family size block of chocolate, 250g doritos and a bottle of red wine a night!!! I learnt pretty quick that exercise doesn't mean eating whatever you want.....

Good luck!

Beki x

Sekhmet said...

Bella - I want to see YOU take the picture of yourself with the DB's, now THAT would be funny :)

It's funny how women shy from free wieghts in the gym - I used to get funny looks from everyone when i was on the bench press or the preacher curl. I don't know why they are always considered "boy's weights". It's annoys me to see girls pansying around with tiny little DB's or just on the machines cos otherwise they'll look like Arnie. What a waste of a gym membership! You might as well stay home and lift a wine glass, I'm sure it'd be just as effective :)

I must admit though, I'm one to always make my exercise count - if it don't break a sweat it aint worth doing to me. I used to do body balance but decided I might as well sit on my arse in front of the TV for all the good it was doing me ;)

PartTimeMom said...

Chicks should and CAN lift heavy

Amen sister! I love heavy weights :)

Kaddy said...

I had been a victim of binge eating for A LONG time, i read Paul McKennas book "" i can make you thin" and that helped heaps... if you know some things to help once you practice it for a while it becomes the done thing. Yep the blog is awesome, keeps you right on track! ness, are you doing any type of program to lose the weight?

Sekhmet said...

I probably think about them 90% of the time..... Every time I think about food, I feel bad, when I eat I feel guilty, when I drink I think about how much weight I'm putting on.... It's hard not to be obsessive. I used to weigh 46kg when I was 20 and my heaviest has been 66kg in the last year. I always think back to when I was skinny (although I thought I was fat then). I'm constantly comparing myself to other people and as I work in a weightloss clinic I've been known to weigh myself up to 15 times a day!!!!!

It's a hard mindset to get out of - I'm still struggling to weigh myself once a week and get my head around the concept that scale weight doesn't matter - it's how your clothes fit and how you look - even though I always tell other people.

I tend to go through starvation/binge phases so for me, learning to eat healthily is a real challenge. I hate having this realtionship with food/my body.....

Anyone else feel like this?