Saturday, November 26, 2005

It's been a loooong week...

Firstly, i have left comments for Bella and Beki in a couple of the posts below... RE: the fag hag stuff...
Secondly... no it didn't last again....
THirdly... i'm over it! - this is going to sound disgusting to everyone but you know why i still smoke... i've worked it out...because i get driven nuts when i'm sitting around tables of food and alcohol at social occassions....it's like if i don't smoke i eat twice as much!~ stupid i know....still working on it...

Isn't it funny how some weeks fly by and other weeks just drag and feel a bit like torture... well i've had a week of the latter...

I'm pleased to say i like knowing that i have made improvements within myself... up until Thurs i had not done a single weight session and very little cardio... in the passed i would have thought "stuff it, weeks over" and given up until Monday, however, regardless of how crappy i've felt have resolved doing nothing would make me feel worse and have now only got one more weights session to do phew... almost there....

Drinking copious amounts of alcohol just isn't worth it... this is what happenned...
1. GOt SO bloated....ate lots of bad stuff for 2 days afterwards... it through me right off... and i bloated up with fluid...like 3kg's of it! I know this happens to me easily as it has happenned a thousand times before, so don't know why i do it to myself...
2. The bad food leads to bad "manners" .....i stink for 3-4 days (so EMBARRASSING!)
3. Been exceptionally tired...


So decided some serious thought had to be put in to my current situation. I have just agreed with Sue to write out a pact to swear off the boozers for the remainder of my 12 week program... if i decide to drink it's an absolute maximum of 2....i figure, it's a small sacrifice to make to get the body i want....so, decided i can't have my drink and swallow it too.... as Daniel and I discussed yesterday, beer is like glue to my hips... goes down my mouth and remains on my hips and takes far too much effort to move it!It's not fair, but i have to face facts and learn to deal with it or i'll just go putting all the weight back on again.

It's funny, as soon as i went back on to clean eating... no cheating... my sugar cravings went too... i'm with you guys in that the artificail stuff seems to make them worse... and sometimes even create them...

Re: everything else, i have spent sometime looking at my diet... i have barred coffee all of my low carb days (because i put far too much milk in it) have switched to green and regular tea) i bought a mixed pack of the Moccona coffees today...i love Moccona... so decided to have a coffee as a 'treat' on high carb days...and this way i get to have a really yummy coffee...i'm also putting an end to my free meals.... because my free meals usually end up being alcohol....i can live with that....

Re: artificial sweetners... i drank a few cans of diet coke yesterday and had a really bad headache last night....i wonder if was the DC's.... i don't use much artificial sweeteners only 1 splenda tablet in tea/coffee.... don't use it in anything else... and yes Beki, i am sick of cottage cheese too... i've decided to have my protein in scrambled egg whites instead...i figured that not wanting to go to the fridge to get your meal because you know what it is, was was BAD....it makes things harder, i'll still have the cottage cheese, just not every day, i'm making an official point of having more variety.

Looked at my high carb days and decided that i'm not having enough variety... so plannned my menu yesterday for today...so i have a better variety of food... a yoghurt, some fruit, chicken stir fry w rice for lunch..yum! The low carb days won't be so bad if i am more organised on my high card days and eat some different stuff.

So, at least things are looking up.... being organised is definately the key....geeze.. almost on to week 4 already... time is flying by.

Jobs for this week:
1. Put together a plan for social gatherings... so i don't pick at crappy food ie dips and crackers, smoke ciggies, or drink alcohol (is it humanly possible...i guess i'm about to find out)
hmmm... well that's about it... oh Dan and I are starting to do the Anthony Robbins Get the Edge program together this week.... it will be a big WEEK.

2 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Hey Kat - totally understand about the smoking versus eating/drinking alcohol thing. Sometimes you feel as though what's the alternative other than having no social life??? This morning I actually broke with my pancake tradition and had an omelette with three egg whites and a whole egg, mushrooms and spring onions with wholegrain toast. I usually avoid the bread thing even though I can have it, but I soooo needed a change with my food! It was really yummy :) I had the oats + cottage cheese thing a while ago and loved it, but the other day I had it and it made me gag!!! Now I have like four tubs of CC in the fridge and nothing to do with the damn things - grrrr!

Kaddy said...

i'm hearing ya! i got to that point too! guess what i have for meal 2 today?! cottage cheese..yey... can't wait for that one! amelia does heaps of stuff with cottage cheese, we may have to ask her for some tips... hey i'll post the question in the forum and see what everyone comes up with! i wonder how it would tast with spring onion and tomato in it like a dip style?? it's the sause thing though hey... what else do you mix with it!?