Friday, November 25, 2005

3 days - Change for the better

You know what guys - I am on my 3rd day of clean eating - following my nutrition 100% - and I have absolutely NO cravings - I feel awake, focused and motivated. Very interesting - I have made changes but the main thing is I followed my program - spot on. It has taken a good 3 days to rid my body of any sugar - little bits of sugar that i was consuming almost every day - sugar that was playing havok with my well-being and results!

Its kind of like when I was doing my final week in my 1st program - the first couple of days were really hard - just chicken and green veggies - but on the 3rd day my body responded fine and I didnt crave anything else - I think its true that the body takes 3 days to rid itself of cravings (most anyway) - dont they say the same thing about smoking? - get throught the first 3 days and you will be fine - it takes this long for the body clear itself of nicotine?

Changes to nutrition:
- NO more peanut butter - only using flaxseed oil as my 'health fat.' I LOVE peanut butter - but it was giving my cravings for sugar - weird I know -and it was also difficult to stop at just 1tbs - so it had to go.
- REMEMBER mutli-vitamin after Meal 1 - so I dont foget - I havent taken it consistently for 3 weeks now - I need my VITAMINS!
- ONLYhaving 1 serve of Protein Powder per day. I was eating WAY too much before - 3-4 scoops! aahgr! I am now eating 'real' protein - mainly from chicken / egg whites.
- NO dairy - only lite soy in my coffee. Will eat cottage cheese 1-2 times a week. It gives me bad gas if I eat it every day - thus bloating - thus feeling like crap.
- NO sauces - especially anything that is labelled 'sugar-free.' This includes diet yoghurt / diet jelly / diet coke etc. I think the preservatives - especially asparatame gives me BAD cravings - plus my tummy doesnt feel good after I have these things. Also - no splenda - I can use an entire box on my oats alone!
- AVOID rice cakes - only 4, yeah right - I have 5...maybe a couple more if I chose these as my carb serve. Its now going to be Sweet Potato only! I find I am fuller longer and it is much tastier!!

These are the changes I can think of in my nutrition - I will post more if I think of them.

4 comments:

Sekhmet said...

I totally agree about the dairy -it bloats me right out as well. Trouble is, cottage cheese is so damn convenient! Although, I must say I'm losing the taste for it at the moment. I seem to be going off a few protein sources which is making me panic a bit as otherwise there are only carbs left!!!!

I agree with the sauce thing too, a lot of "fake" sugars just make you crave the real thing. I try to avoid any form of rice, esp rice cakes/crackers - they send my blood sugar soaring and then an almighty plummit back to earth. I have sweet potato every day for lunch - it's really filling and great for long lasting energy.

Peanut butter hey? I don't get any fats on mine :( But I love to eat peanut butter, out of a jar, with a big spoon, until it's all gone and I feel sick.... Maybe it's good that there are no fats on my plan;)

I've also been drinking coffee black since I started this and I don't miss the milk at all - it just makes me bloated and yukky.

Sounds like your going great - it only takes three days to get back into it, that's what I keep telling myself :) After that, no cravings, no temptations, nothing :) It's just getting through those first three days.....

Bella said...

oh yeah - and A HELLUVA LOT A WATER!! I think I probably flushed out everything over the last 3 days - Im like a camel - although my 'humps' arent that big! ok - Im acting silly - its so damn hot in my office! - beautiful weather in melbourne today - almost feels like summer...!!! keep sticking with it beki - all my results came gushing to me in the 10th week - I was gobsmacked - I know I have had success and I will get it again - dammit - take each day as it comes - and have fun! xx

Sekhmet said...

I love days like this in Melbourne - but man, I'm holding onto so much water today that my legs feel like they did the first time I flew to Aus from the UK :(

I've drunk about 3 litres today and keep drinking more to stop myself eating/smoking/chugging a glass of wine..... but now I'm gonna be up all night peeing....

Kaddy said...

wow u two... bella you porst sounds identical to what i'm going to write... god damn it's been a looong week....