Thursday, November 03, 2005

Day 1 of mild discomfort.....

i decided a long time ago that there was no way i was going to start this next program as a smoker, seemed rediculous to put myself through it as i know that unless i kick the ciggies at some stage they will take a toll on my health and eventually i am bound to revert back to an unhealthy, unfit lifestyle and that petrifies me!

So my leverage for quitting is the fear and pain of being back where i was before i embarked on my first ever challenge.... it's certainly enough to be the springboard to launch myself off. Dan is still smoking, but i figure, my 'dreams' of us kicking the habit together is NEVER going to happen.... if its to be its up to me and hopefully he will be right behind me....i supposed i figure that everyday i remain a smoker is a day where i'm not getting the opportunity to be the person i reallly want to be. I have bought this naturopathic "quit smoking spray" i guess it will just work as a calmative. I've got lots of fruit, lots of green tea and water....and a powerfully strong mind... i reckon to be where i am right now, i have already proven to myself that i can beat anything... and this won't be any different (just hope i'm singing the same tune by the end of the day)... anyway i figure, ultimately it is only a couple of days of mild discomfort i am facing vs a lifetime of ill health - so i have opted for the couple of days of mild discomfort ...i'm prepared....

No comments: