Wednesday, February 08, 2006

DIZZY

sometimes i just dont for the life of me understand how i can be such a strong, goal orientated person then turn into a bloody idiot the next.

saying that i feel dizzy is a complete understatement! Ok, now because apparently when you tell people what's going on it's supposed to help change things i will make a confession, however im sure most of you are pretty fed up of telling me the same stuff about the same issue.....grrr im grumpy with myself but mostly frustrated as i feel like i am constantly banging my head against a brick wall.

i know my goal - i have affirmations - i know what i need to do - i get the momentum happenning it builds and builds and then i do something stupid to keep me in my trap. the dumb thing is i really don't want ot be in my trap - maybe its a fear of escaping - i just don't know.

Ultimately my goal is to be living a fit and healthy lifestyle. To be a non smoker - have the body i so badly desire and be on fire. I have got to a week of not smoking dozens of times now, i dont want them, i feel good without them but i light one up - even though my mind is screaming out to STOP and to NOT DO IT! i do it anyway.... i get to my desired destination and it's like getting off the bus without shoes on on a 50 degree day... i get off, hop around madly and then jump back on the bus. Does this make sense? I've been drinking beer for the passed four days - initially i didn't want it, then i knew i shouldn't have it, then i didn't even want it but i kept going! (now my forhead is red from the consistant banging)

grrr.... it jusst doesn't seem like knowing what i want is enough... im missing something here... which link have i lost?

i've been chasing this body i want for neally a year, im starting to get sick of fighting - i know if i could give 100% discipline 100% of the time id have been there ages ago - it's just when i do the discipline thing i end up feeling like a little spring that gets so tightly wound up it just snaps and whoa the result isn't pretty.

THne i thought maybe - just maybe - i could have a bit of everything - well this to me is maintenance, but i gotta get where i want ot go to maintenance and it does't feel like im ever going to get there *cry*.... i am startic to feel like a pathetic loser...(ok, i know the negative self talk is bad, but im being totally honest!) - i know im not a pathetic loser and i am much better at getting back straight on the horse than i've ever been before, im so close at cracking it but still feel so so so far away.

4 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Hey Kitty Kat.

I know how you feel. At the start of the year I was all "maintenance" even though I wasn't happy with where I was. Then I started a backwards slide and began too feel really crap with myself. Woke up one morning and said "I've had enough of this" I can't do things in moderation, it's not in my nature - that's why I ended up sending Lia an email begging for help with my diet. I'm in such awe of the transformation she made and knwoing that she had to watch her protein intake and I was having such problems with protein (not being a meat eater) I figured she would be the perfect brain to pick :) I guess it's just finding what works for you, and it really is a lot of trial and error. You just have to keep learning form your mistakes.

A big advantage for me is now where I am working and the fact that my shifts start a lot later. I have plenty of time for cardio in the mornings (even though getting up at 8am is a struggle some days!!!) and no excuse not to weight train because I'm already at the gym (I've even been going on my days off). For me, being so active meant eating crap didn't make sense. I woke up with a shocking red wine headache one day last week and just thought "I can't do this anymore". This week has been hard, but I'm on day five and feeling so much better.

You'll get there hon, anything worth having is worth fighting for - it makes it all the better when you get it :)

I'm sending you lots of positive nergy because I know where you're coming from but I also know you'll get there in the end. We won't give up on you!!!!

B xxx

Kaddy said...

hey beki! thanks so much for taking the time to leave that comment it meant a lot to me. it's so hard! i know i just have to make it less complicated and it sounds so easy but it's just so not! If it were easy i still wouldn't be where i am. On a positive note im still a lot further a long then where i started and since this is a journey i supposed maybe i am where im meant to be for now... at least im looking up and not backwards! once again thanks so much beksta!

Anonymous said...

"Look at the glass half full and not half empty" If you fall of the wagon so to speak at least you're climbing back on there and not staying where you are. Give yourself some credit! :) And you have to learn to forgive yourself, you are human after all and we're certainly not perfect. You're not alone here, we all do it. It's a challenge you're faced with, once you overcome it you simply keep going down the path you've chosen. Remember if this was easy, everyone would do it!

I have faith in you but doesn't mean anything if you don't have faith in yourself.

You can do this, you know you can.

Lia xo

RaeC said...

Sweetie,

Further to my email yesterday to you, I want to say this... nobody is 100% perfect 100% of the time. We all have struggles and we all have issues to deal with.

We are surrounded by tempation all day every day. This temptation never goes away, we just learn how to deal with it better. Look at resisting temptation the same way you look at weight training.

When you first start out you are weak, but the longer you keep training the stronger you get. The same goes for temptation and food. You need to look at this as training your mind... exactly the same way you train your body.

Love Rae xxx