Saturday, February 18, 2006

The man who inspires us..


Ralph Marston!

from his websitehttp://greatday.com/ralph/personal.html

I am 44 years old and live in Austin, Texas with my wife and two daughters, ages 10 and 6. I'm a graduate of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, with a Bachelor of Business Administration, and am a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity.
I have always been interested in personal development, and have studied hundreds of books and tape programs over the years. I have applied many of the concepts I've learned, to my own life and business, and have developed a "real world" knowledge of what works and what doesn't. Many people are curious about my religious affiliation. I am a
Christian (member of the Methodist Church). Although "The Daily Motivator" is not intended to be a religious publication, my writing is certainly influenced by Christian teachings and concepts.
Since starting The Daily Motivator more than three years ago, I've been amazed at the tremendous positive response which it has received. People from all over the world, in all walks of life, have a sincere interest in living lives of meaning, caring, dedication and fulfillment. I am extremely grateful that the technology of the Internet affords me the opportunity to share my work with so many people.
For fun, I enjoy sailing my 23-foot sailboat, swimming, bicycling, in-line skating, playing keyboard, wine tasting, and cooking/eating southwestern cuisine. The main thing I enjoy is playing with my children and watching them learn and grow. We love living in Austin, which is home to hundreds of high tech companies, a vibrant live music industry, the world's largest urban colony of bats, the best salsa (the food, not the dance) in the world, and lots of natural beauty in the surrounding hill country.
My interests include global economics, hurricanes, maps, naval and aviation history, fitness and nutrition, music, computers, photography, among others.
Since the age of 5, I've been interested in space travel. On a recent trip to Florida, I enjoyed a fascinating visit to the Kennedy Space Center, and a few days later watched a launch of the Space Shuttle Discovery.

Choose now

Just because you experienced anxiety a moment ago does not mean that you must continue to hold on to it. Choose now to let it go.
You may have recently been angry about one thing or another, yet that destructive anger does not have to continue. Choose now to transform the energy of that anger into positive, healing, productive thoughts and actions.
Whatever the past may have held, this moment can be filled with what you choose right now. Peace, acceptance, joy, forgiveness, and positive purpose are all as close as your decision to choose them.
Think of the most joyful and fulfilling times you've ever known. Allow yourself to feel the way it feels when you're at your very best.
The world is as it is, the people around you are as they are, and this moment is here. You can choose now to face it all with the best you have to give.
Life is ever filled with all kinds of possibilities, and this moment is no exception. Choose now to make the most positive of those possibilities a part of who you are.
-- Ralph Marston

3 comments:

RaeC said...

WOW!! Thanks so much for this Kat. You know I have always loved his work, but have never actually even thought of researching just exactly who he is... good on you!! Thanks xxx

Anonymous said...

Ditto from me too. :) Lia xo

Kaddy said...

no probs...heheh and rae i e-mailed him the link to your blog :)