Saturday, February 04, 2006

NEVER GIVE UP!


NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP !

These few word are making such a huge impact on me right now.

My grandpa is still in intensive care.

He went in for a simple biopsy 3 days ago - he was to be back at home that afternoon...

...but there were complications.

He didnt wake from the anastethic - and there is water on his lungs...
...there is a great risk of infection and because of his age (82) it hasnt been looking all that positive.

BUT the biopsy tests came back yesterday - NEGATIVE for the return of throat cancer!

Even though he is completely sedated we told him over and over the good news of the biopsy results! I know he could hear us - LOUD AND CLEAR!!

This morning I visited and he moved his head...and legs...and opened an eye!!!!

He is fighting the anastethic - he is WAKING UP!!! *tears*

Fingers crossed he will be awake tomorrow morning...GO GRANDPA!! HE WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP! *more tears*

I can honestly say this has changed my life - the good things are SO GOOD / GREAT / FANTASTC / UNREAL! - the shit things dont even register!!

I feel like I am about to win gold at the olympics - 50km Great Wall of China marathon - I am knackered but the burning desire is TOO STRONG - we will win the race and celebrate together as we relish in victory and kiss the gold trophy - SO CLOSE NOW!! *deep breath* SO DAMN CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Sekhmet said...

That's great news Bella :)

RaeC said...

Just the best news Bella, like I said this morning when I got your text... I was bawling my eyes out with happiness. Your grandpa is a fighter, just like you!!

Love Rae xxx