Friday, February 10, 2006

Snip



Moving FOrward
Katarina Mikic
You've been a part of my life; forever so it would seem,
a monster in the darkness...life before you feels like a dream;
and though it feels like you own me, i know that you do not;
keeping me locked in your miserable world is just part of your evil plot.
The misery you've caused me eventually became clear;
I didn't realise how far i'd fell and that i'd become immoilised by fear.
Now I recognise you for what you really are, nothing but a
dirty, stinking rotten stick laden with nicotine,chemicals & tar
I've fought you now for so long,
I've forsaken my sanity, dignity & pride,
not to mention the friendships i've risked and
the rot you've caused on the inside.
I've slowly been moving further and further in a direction away from you,
but just keep hanging onto a final thread, although i know it's what i must to do.
So, now I have the power, the cards have turned the table,
I'm feeling so much stronger every day and know i'm totally able!
I'm on the final foothole of this mountain I have climbed,
I'm ready for the next leg and you're being left behind.
So farewell to you & your misery,
goodbye to all your lies,
I'm standing on the mountain with a life time of strength and beauty before my eyes.
Today I am letting myself be free because I deserve it and my friends and loved ones deserve me to honour the commitment I have made to them. (rae - ithis enforces the mind reader comment yet again)! :)
"Power is the faculty or capacity to act, the strength and potency to accomplish something. It is the vital energy to make choices and decisions. It also includes the capacity to overcome deeply embedded habits and to cultivate higher, more effective ones." Stephen R. Covey
"Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting." Napoleon Hill
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill
View From the Top

4 comments:

RaeC said...

Oooops... you've busted me tip-toeing arouond inside your mind again... LMAO!! You do deserve this Kat, you deserve every great thing that comes to you.

Onward and upward my friend :)

Love Rae xxx

Kaddy said...

cheers rae - i feel like im shunning myself! chin up i'll be OK!

Sekhmet said...

Love you Kat x

RaeC said...

How's this quote that just landed in my inbox...

The truth will make you free, but first it will make you miserable.
-- Tom DeMarco