Thursday, February 16, 2006

SCALE the WORLD

Hi guys, cheers for comments! Sorry for absence...im on holidays officially now, so no internet at home and am avoiding work like the plague (it's an internet cafe as well as booking office for charters, so bring my notebook in to do net stuff) ... anyway, been working out in morning then cooking food for the day and don't make it in before the shop opens.... just can't deal with going in because i always have to do work!!

Scale the World is an awesome self growth program put out by John Benson. Basically it's a 32 day course where he uses the analogy of scaling a mountain , you end up with climbing buddies and releasing things you didn't know existed. Basically every day you get sent an e-mail, then you do the little assignment he sets you. It takes around 15 mins max. i'm up to day 22, but am doing it again so i can really get everything to sink in. Bella is my climbing partner.... it's pretty cool to think of yourself scaling the world, because the changes we make to ourselves has an advers effect on the rest of the world.

Day 2
Assignment.

Today, write down five things that you wish to change about the world as a
whole. Then, underneath each, ask yourself this question:

  1. increasing cases of smoking related deaths
  2. increasing obesity
  3. amount of waste and rubbish
  4. rate of depression & anxiety, stress on health care systems
  5. the amount of people with financial problems


"How can scaling my world help bring about these changes in both the smallest
and greatest of ways?"
By me scaling the world I am learning new techniques to improve my own personal quality of life. I am learning ways to positively effect other people, i eat wholesome foods with minimal packaging which is decreasing the amount of rubbish, i am exercising creative a positive momentum in the unhealthy people around me which will inturn start decreasing the amount of overweight people, I also aim to educate others on this subject as my knowlege increases. This life style, decreases stress levels, tension and anxiety making the world a much happier place, if i 'walk the talk' and influence others, the over all effect is AWESOME! The more people that live this way the better! By me taking this journey i am adversley affecting others and hopefully causing them to realise that having a wonderful life is entirely possible!

My strength. On a final note I am now visualising 'fit kat'. I have a hot snorkel chick in my head, my head on her body - my new body ' quirky i know but fit kat is almost like a split personality i am using to keep me in line - i look at her then the fridge and she says 'go on if you want - but you're never going to look like me if you do"!!! ROFLMAO - it's not really that psychotic - am just visualing how i want to be to help me get there and it WORKS FOR ME!! I haven't touched a drop of alcohol all week! During the cricket finals the other night, dan says - "c'mon kaddy you have to have a beer during the finals" my response " how is me having that beer going to make this world a different place - what will change by me having one beer?!" his response..bloody good answer that is SO TRUE! and dont i know it, no amount of larger will take me away from fit kat.... im going to get abs goddammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Yay Kat, say along with me "My name is Beki/Kat (delete as applicable) and I haven't had an alcoholic drink for two weeks/one week (delete as applicable)" lmao :)

You go girl! So proud of you.... and I love the idea of a snorkel fit kat. Not quirky at all - you must have watched too many James Bond movies :)

B xxx

Anonymous said...

Go Kat! Go Kat! Go Kat!

You do whatever works for you, we all have our own things that work for us and that's all that matters. Who cares what people think of us, it's what we think of ourselves that truly matters here.

You're on fire Kat! I have no doubt that this time you'll go for it at full force.

Lia xo

RaeC said...

This scaling the world sounds like it is doing you the world of good. I'm with Lia... you do what you have to do to achieve your dreams. We are far too worried about what other people might think of us sometimes. Be true to yourself, treat others how you would like to be treated and that is all that matters. I'm really looking forward to reading about you and Bella Scaling the World and reaching the pinnacle :)

Love ya xxx

runny_yolk said...

Hey that scale the world is very cool... great blog!

Kaddy said...

thanks guys!!! i just read this other wicked e-book, i'll have to put the link up (when i find it) anyway, it says to suround yourself with people who are like minded as the ones who are not often try and bring you down 9amen to that from experience)anyway... you guys are the people i suround myself with... even if it is just on the net...thanks so much! i dont hve many 'real life' friends anymore because .... well i think maybe im impatient... i like my life and i just dont like people who have got no idea about what i'm up to passing judgement on me. Im realising slowly that what you say is right... the most important thing is how i see myself!