Wednesday, February 15, 2006

IKEA can kiss my REAR

Just a quick one.

I have had the SHITTEST afternoon.

All was going well in the morning until the afternoon.
I had to do a big shop at IKEA and went to pull out my 'packed lunch' but I forgot to bring it!!! So I agreed to have lunch with a friend - went to a cafe where they have a great salad - but it was off the menu (um, but of course it was!!!!) - so picked the 'best' of the 'worst' and had a spicy pattie thing with a greek salad - which gave me the worst indigestion!!!! (like burping up lit matches all afternoon) Then I raced to IKEA (wanted to be out before late afternoon) -YEAH RIGHT!!!

3.5 hours later - no mid afternoon snack - minimal water and 4 trollies of IKEA product and I honestly thought I was going to pass out/die..!!! Remember also that at IKEA noone helpes you push the trollies - so I had to leave them around the store and keep walking back for them - and then I had to unpack all the product for scanning and payment - run down to my parked car and drive it to the pick up area and then load all my car with the stuff. (yes, I said 4 TROLLIES FULL TO THE BRIM!!)

and I have FRIGHTENING PMS...

yes,....OH MY GOD....

The trolley boy asked just as I stuffed the last polyfoam cushion in my car if I wanted to take home the IKEA catalogue - instead of telling him to shove the catalogue ***** - I told him I dont want to hear the word I**A for a veerrrry long time. Poor kid.

Drove home through traffic - 1hour later I arrived.

I walked into the house and just passed out on the couch.

I woke up 1/2 hour later and ate a bowl of museli with soy milk.
Then I ate 6 pieces of chocolate.

I am now sitting here 3 hours later - getting ready for bed - and I am kinda beating myself up about todays nutrition. I just hope I burnt some serious calories in that godforsaken store - oh well, a new day tomorrow...but still need to unpack the car!!!

4 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Don't stress - I always find that when I have a mid-day nap, when I wake up I make terrible food choices... It's as if eating things like cereal and chocolate will wake me up (I'm usually very groggy). I'm sure if you don't go to I*** again for a long time then your nutrition will be fine ;)

Michelle said...

when I nap..the same thing happens to me too and its always chocolate!!! Dammit! Why not wake up and crave celery or avacado...no such luck. ;)

Kat~ thanks for your comment on my blog..I am really trying to lose about 30lbs...(13kilos right?) so I know its a lot but doable. I can't tell who is writing what on your blog or if you are one person..LOL, but I empathize with the quitting smoking, i just hit my 3 year since I quit...and I also identify with working towards getting the body I've always wanted. i work out a lot, but it's the binging that I struggle with. I joined www.sparkspeople.com You enter you daily eats into it and it tells you where your calories are coming from, ie carbs, fat and protein, they give you an idea of what you need to do to achieve your weight goal and how many carbs etc you should be having in a day.

Anyway, you girls look gorgeous, I hope you have amazing success with all of your goals. :)

Michelle x

Kaddy said...

geezus - after a day like that a few pieces of choc isn't so bad!! whos going to put all the stuff together for you?? you i take it... if so, just hide the choc before you start... i reckon the pre ikea dramas are almost worsed then the instore dramas lol :)

ROFLMAO at the poor kid who offered you a brochure......hahah i can just see it!

RaeC said...

Bella,

LMAO... but not at you, just in companionship with you because I know what those kinds of days are like!! It was a doozy by the sounds of it!!

I have two questions for you...

1. If the shoe was on the other foot and I had a day like that, then posted I had eaten off-plan, would you beat up on me, or would you be kind to me, supportive of me and realise that I was only human and we all have bad days, then encourage me to get back on track and continue on?

OK, now for question 2...
2. So if you are like this with other people, why not yourself? Why are you beating up on yourself? If you can realise that we are only human and be encouraging of others, then why not realise this of yourself? (OK, so technically question 2 was actually 3 questions rolled into one, but I got carried away... LOL!!)

Onwards and upwards my lovely friend... the best is yet to come :)

Love ya xxx