Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Power Within

Well, remember i wrote that i was reading "The power within" by TOny Robbins -anyway i am still reading it and have only read a quarter and it has had such an impact on my life! You know what!

DAY 3 WITHOUT A CIGARETTE- the strange thing is this time feels different to any other time - like i went through and did some of the Tony Robbins stuff, made the decision - quit on my nephews "birth day" and havn't looked back. I have been using Sues moitivational quote of " don't concentrate on what you can't have focus on what you can" and that has helped a bucket load. I have only ha dlike 3 cravings the whole time and they have been so minute that they could almost go unnoticable - because i have my head right!

Literature:
Allan Carrs Easy Way to Quit Smoking
Allan Carrs Only Way to Quit Smoking
Paul McKennas Quit Smoking Hypnosis CD (can u believe you can get hypnotised from a CD - i wouldn't have before i did it! but now i use it to help me sleep because it relaxes me so much!)

SO- yes have been a "quit smoking junky" for the past 12 months - reading, reading, writing, reading, preparing.... i knew the day would come, i thought it would be easy, i just didn't believe it could be.... but the combination of removing the "nicotine brainwashing" (Allan Carrs books) - changing my sub conscious habits (Paul McKenna CD) and changing my internal belief System (Anthony Robbins - The Giant Within) combined with getting my body in to a buff healthy state - with lots of goal setting and motivational support (Sue Heintze and Rae Cattach - Idelabodiesonline.com) has got me there................

I asked Dan the other night what his 10 year plan was-------- he couldn't believe what he was hearing......he was gobsmacked, he was like "10 years - i don't know what i'll be doing in 10 minutes" it freaked him out and he went all weird- i think he may feel threatened by my new found strengths - lol, i must sound like a lunatic at moments - raving about my grand schemes and plans, all the training i will do, what i've been eating, what's coming up on the exercise roster, how work is..... all he wants to talk about is fishing and well.... more fishing...gee he is really patient! I hope that while we have some time out on our own when we head off around Australia it will give me an opportunity to spend time with him trying to educate him on belief systems etc etc..... he is going to read Tony Robbins book - i hope it's absorbed...

Well that's enough rattling on from me for one day....i'm getting sick of hearing my own thoughts!

Thanks for everyones support!

Kat

P.S my new little nephew is totally healthy and is going home today.... just 4 more sleeps til i get to meet him! YAY

1 comment:

Kaddy said...

lol - you're a champ! i know what you'r esaying! I just visualise ,licking an ashtray - or drinking from the beer bottle that doubles as an ashtray out side our house...it works! SO only 3 days to go til im at day 7!omg....i cant belive it! the only bad thing is tohugh, that i am already turning into one of those awful x smokers that absolutely fu$%^ing hates them - the smell, the look EVERYTHING- dan walks in after a ciggy and i have to hold my breath as it has a choking effect on me if i breathe in the smell, it's awful because i just want to get as far away from him as possible when i can smell them on him! i know he's not too far behind him though, so i'm not saying anything because i don't want to stress him out - it's easier he decides on his own.

My mum and her partner smoke like chimneys and they smoke inside their house - i'm going to have to live in it for a whole week - maybe i can do some inspiring whilst there@!

thanks for your support!

Kat