Tuesday, September 27, 2005

First night away

Well, i've just spent my first night away. The plane ride went quick and i was so excited about seeing my family I was almost in tears as i departed the plane....hmmm short lived lol! Read on...

Just kidding. The adventure so far.....

The plane ride..

Well I was so STOKED with myself! i ate clean all day, had food prepared for the flight, sat through the whole flight, turned down the complimentary meal, gave my biscuits to the cute kid in the row across from me, didn't eat my 'free' kit kat or the other pack of biscuits they gave to me omg....i really have changed, i was absolutely at peace with myself as i departed. Then i meet my mum and head for the dreaded trip passed all the take away joints (i haven't seen a Maccas or HJ's in almost 10 months - there is NO fast food in the little town i come from) i anticipated it being 'tea' time when i got off the plane and was all prepared for mum offering to take me through Hungry Jacks as in the passed it has been my favourite... thankfully she'd already had KFC before she picked me up - that was after already having HJ's for lunch (did i mention my family is overweight...needless to say!) so they were full by the time i got off the plane which was cool because i asked them to stop at Subway where i got a chicked salad - right in the same vecinity as all the bad take away. Truth be known i doubt i would have eated the crap anyway as my belly was still feeling a bit unnerved from my previous antics...so it was one battle won for me...it's left me feeling a whole lot more confident about being away!

First i stopped to meet my new nephew..... now i know that i may be a tad biased, but he is the cutest baby i've ever seen, i said hello, aunty kaddy's so glad to meet you...you're such a gorgeous boy and he layed there smiling at me... i was kinda chuffed...he needed a nappy change about 5 mins later... so now i'm very much doubting he was smiling at me! :0)

The unpacking...

Well, they pulled the piss out of me because my boobs are now almost non existant, bagged me when they realised i bought my gymstick to 'workout' then laughed in sheer disbelief when i pulled out my scales that i bought a long to weigh my food.... by this stage mum was sitting at our kitchen table hoing in to a bowl of trifle (and i wonder where my food issues stem from!?!) by this stage i lost it and said... You want to know why i use scales?~ It's so i can look like this and it's exactly why you look like that ! ouch.... could have been a little more smoothe with that one! Anyway...my big dreams of saving my mum from herself are dashed.... because i already know that you CAN NOT help someone who doesn't want to be helped. As for me, it's made me more certain as to why i have adopted my life style...it's soooo funny, in the same breath she asked me why i wasn't drinking, she also commented that i shouldn't drink because i sometimes get nasty - - - like no shit! So anyway, morale to story... they remind me of what i DONT want to be.... all i can do is plug away and i hope they get something positive and inspiring out of it!Now most people would have thought after your family seeing you overweight and miserable after seeing you strut off the plane confident, healthy and fit they would be blown away and commenting on it.... i had to ask before i got praise!@ unbelievable it was liek they were secretly happy i'd finally got fat too....

Glad that is all out of my system aggghhhh! To top it all of i have only had about 4 hours sleep because it is so god damned cold here! For instace - i hate sleeping with clothes on... last night i went to bed with socks, jammy pants, singlet and long sleeved top and was still FREEZING snuggled below about 4 blankets! I'm only 2 hrs south of Perth but i have obviously climatised quite well to our gorgeous northern climate. Kaddy+cold = never living here ever again!

On a more positive note i read my "Think yourself slim" book by Paul McKenna. It was excellent, well so i thought, because i think everything he says i really need to do, like i eat like an automatic haulage truck... so yes i liked it. However the only thing i am confused about is the "eat whatever you want" i am supposing that "whatever you want" should be good foods - which i think he means you will eventually eat regardless of thought. I'm not so sure... anyway, i still have a few weeks left on this plan before I start another... and really the foods i'm eating now i DO want because i know they're helping me further towards my goal. So i'm going to try adopting the system. Will let you know how i go.

I want to go for a run....hmmm it's freezing cold, it's been raining all night and i really DONT want to get rained on sheesh... i never realised how good i had it re exercising up north...we complain about the wind... i vow to be happy with what i've got from now on! Geeze - i'm going to do it anyway.... if not for the experience.,... what's the worsed thing that could happen?! I get rained on....at least a hot shower will be available at the end.

I hope you've found this post as amusing as i have found writing it!

Chat soon! xxx

No comments: