Tuesday, March 07, 2006

FLU POO


Oh my oh my - I am so struck with the flu!!
Yep - what stated with an innocent cold has turn into something more nasty - and it has hit - and hit HARD !

Symptoms:
- dizziness
- no taste /smell
- nauseas
- headache
- tingly / sensitive skin
- heavy / dry eyes
- absolutely no appetite
- soooo thirsty

I feel like crap. I havent trained now for a week - I cant stand without feeling weak - AAAGHR! I feel like when I was a kid having a day off school - BORED OUT OF MY BRAINS!!! This time though I actually want to do my work - rather than lie around watching Oprah and crap midday movies! BOOO HOOO :-(

So - I have tried to reflect on the 'positives' of this body flu rampage...

1.I 100% know that my decisions in nutrition and training are the only way to go. Never will I sway from focusing on whats best for my body. There will never be a comprimise - and I am so fortunate to be surrounded by people who also want the best for me - having a network of friends who are so positive in their own health goals has the greatest effect on how I achieve mine.
2. Cravings only come from my head. Its an interesting thing having no taste or smell. I have chocolate/sugar cravings at about 4pm and after dinner - trying to eat chocolate with no taste is like eating glue. I did a test and had a few pieces of my favourite green & black chocolate and it was DISGUSTING. Sure - some every now and then will be fine - but not just because my body/brain screams you must eat sugar or you will implode. My brain has been taught a huge lesson from this flu - sugar cravings are mainly a ploy of self punishment - which is a way of myself holding me back from my goals. (this relates to my case and who I am - not everyone is like this) Sometimes I binge on sugar when I know I dont need it then beat myself up about it for the rest of the week. After years of this 'self-puishment' - I am now learning to 'love' myself - so that is why I now give the middle finger to these so-called 'cravings'.
3. The last few weeks I have been lazy with my water intake. This flu has definatley pushed me into dinking more - 4litres a day!! I am so freakin thirsty - strangely I am not going to the toilet much - which must mean I am extremely dehydrated. I must have my own pacific ocean in my bladder somewhere!!
4. Im going to bounce back from this flu STRONGER than ever!!

So they are the positives for now - hopefully the next positive is I will be feeling fine and lifting heavy at the gym!!!

BWAAHHAAHHAAA (Raes patented evil laugh) its gonna take more than the flu to keep this Bella down!!!!

No comments: