Saturday, December 10, 2005

What happens if you drink too much Starbucks...


Yes - I love coffee. Not any coffee - must be 100% Arabica bean - not Robusta which gives me the jitters. Yes - I know my coffee - not all its specifics - but I know what a good coffee involves. Yes - because I have an espreso machine but also because I know people who work in the industry - good coffee is an art so Im told!!
Gloria Jeans & Starbucks are big 'no nos' - but I am guilty of indulging in a Frappacino now and then when on holidays...yummo.

But morning coffee - that is where is all begins...I have either have a plunger coffee or a long black (both with skinny milk) and I have been doing this for over 6 years. I also have a coffee after lunch - or maybe a 3rd if Im really struggling mid morning. So - why have I gone into all this detail? Well, I didnt have time for my 2nd coffee yesterday and I swear I almost fell asleep standing up! Which confirms my body is addicted to caffeine at certain times of the day (8am & 2pm). Its funny - before this program I used to have some form of chocolate every day at 4pm - and every day at the same time I would crave one. Now - I have given up the chocolate fix but will not be giving up the caffeine fix. I dont drink Diet Coke or any other drinks with caffeine in it - I dont think coffee is 'bad' - but it is if you have the robusta bean - thats my opinion anyway - like I said - I dont know everything about coffee (like which monkey picked what bean high up in the columbian mountains) but I do know that if you chose an Arabica bean - your coffee experience will be GREAT!

No comments: