Saturday, December 03, 2005

Low Carb Sillyness



Well - I have decided I am no longer going to say 'Im on a high carb day - Im on a low carb day.' When my body hears me say 'Im on low carb' it immediately thinks 'Oh great - a day of hunger - cant believe you arent having carbs - Im going to punish you all day with thoughts about eating bread.'

Ha! I say - low carb days ARE NOT about punishment - in fact its actually doing me good - and that is what I need to say out loud 'GOOD DAMMIT!' All I have to do is increase my veggie/salad intake with Meal 3/4/5 and I will be fine - so there...

Now that I have sorted that issue out - I am into my 3rd day of my Mini Christmas Challenge - and feeling good! I have been writing my days in a little diary again - small & pink with a butterfly on it - girlie I know - I was going to buy the one with winnie the pooh on it eating honey from a jar...geez...maybe the low carb days are getting to me after all...!!

One thing I need to get back into - Cardio - I said CARDIO!! This came my way which seems interesting...hmmm?

http://www.cardiocoach.com/index.php
Guided interval workouts on cd or mp3 download. They get progressively more challenging, can be used outside running or on a treadmill, stepper or bike.

p.s ...and yes - I did do Atkins for almost 2 years before IBO - god, I look back and wonder how I ever thought that was the right way to go - and all I achieved was being THE Miss. Grouchy Bum!

1 comment:

Sekhmet said...

My comment didn't posst for some reason!

Hey Bella - the mini challenge is such a great idea - it's really helped me to re-focus. So much easier to break the 12 weeks into smaller chunks :)

I don't have low/high carb days but i'm sure I'd be the same - I have enough trouble with no carbs in the evening.....

And why is it so easy to slack on cardio? I can't even got out for a walk sometimes - and it's not like it's hard or anything!