Wednesday, December 07, 2005

HOLY ABDOMINALS BATMAN!


Kat & Bella doing their cardio...where the hell did that pizza come from! ;-)

Had to post this article by Tom as an inspiration for me to step up my cardio - I know this is what I have to do to get my 'calorie fire burning'...geez...!!I mean GREAT!

To burn more fat you have to burn more calories. Most beginners start off with three days a week of cardio training. This amount of cardio is enough to get health benefits and it's enough for many people, especially beginners, to lose body fat. That's because when your body isn’t accustomed to exercise, then any increase in activity above no activity will always produce results.

However, more often than not, the results begin to slow down a bit within a few months of training (commonly known as "hitting the plateau"). Then they scratch their heads and wonder why it's not working anymore.

This is why: Because three days a week is a great starting point for beginners, but it’s often insufficient for intermediates to keep the ball rolling, or for those seeking maximum fat loss in the least amount of time (such as bodybuilders in the pre-contest period or people preparing for fitness contests and "12 week transformation challenges").

If you want a little more fat loss, increase your cardio a little.

If you want twice as much fat loss and you want it twice as fast, double your cardio - if only for a very short period of time to reach a peak condition.

Suppose you burn 400 calories per workout for three workouts per week. That's a total of 1200 calories per week burned. If you increased that to six days per week at 400 calories per workout, you would burn 2400 calories per week. YOU JUST DOUBLED YOUR FAT LOSS! That was a real no-brainer, wasn't it?

While we're on the subject of burning more calories, what would happen if, in addition to increasing your cardio frequency from three to six days per week, you increased the intensity so you’re burning 600 calories per workout? With six workouts at 600 calories per workout you're up to 3600 calories per week.

Holy abdominals Batman - You just tripled your fat loss!

Yes it's that simple and the solution was right there in front of you all along.

www.tomvenuto.com

2 comments:

RaeC said...

Wash your mouth out Bella!! You said the "C" word... eeeeeuw!! :)

Bella said...

hahaha - everytime I do cardio I think of you not having to do it!! Was telling Kat its just something I cant think about - otherwise I have too many excuses - kinda like going to the bank or gmhba or medicare or racv - I hate going to those places but if I dont think about it - and just do it - I seem to cope ok!! haha - although cardio does make me feel better afterwards - sometimes!! x