Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Viscious Cycle

How easy is it to fall back in to an old rut which you had to tirelessy work your butt off to get out of. My recent holiday lead me back down a road i so hated being on. It only just hit me last night that the boozing is what caused my temporary bout of depression!

It changes everything, before i even had time to realise it i'd fallen back in to the old cycle, boozing, being too hung over to do cardio, getting down because i felt lazy, then drinking because i felt down! i can not believe that after everything i have come through, the tears, the tantrums, the celebrations.... i went back, i got caught up back in it all.

So now where to from here?! Well, staying booze free is number one priority, as i now know just how little it takes to throw me off my axis! I have reevaluated my goals, made them shorter etc, so i feel as if i am achieving part of my goals weekly.

My nutrition is fine, indact believe it or not its been really good since i've got back. I just now need to focus on making better decisions for me ALL THE TIME. I've got to find some love for myself...i don't know how but i am working on it!!

I am going for a run tonight, rain, hail, or shine it's part of my plan. 4kgs in four weeks, and im not going to drop anything if im sitting on my arssse

5 comments:

Jehanne said...

Good on you for getting out there, I hope it doesn't hail for you tonight, that wouldn't be much fun!

Chontelle said...

Good luck with your run! I hate running in crap weather!
And good luck going alcohol free! Sounds like a good decision. I should do it myself. It definitely eats away at our determination and resolve!

You can do it KAT!

Em said...

You can do it hun,
You are learning from your mistakes and the only way now is up:)
Em:)

RaeC said...

How did your run go little sis??? xxx

Anonymous said...

We all fall of the wagon from time to time so you're not alone there Kat. Just remember, that we're all here for you without judgement we and accept you for you.

(((((Kat)))))

Lia xx