Saturday, April 08, 2006

THANK YOU XXX



A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who posted on Mindis blog - its support like that which shows how positive our blog community is - I find it amazing how its possible to let someone know from the other side of the world that you are inspired/motivated by them - I LOVE THE INTERNET! LOL!

Well, I have almost finished the first week of my 12 week countdown...and it has gone great guns! I shocked myself yesterday when I went to a friends house and she was eating 'crunchie cadbury little easter eggs'...and you know what? - they could have been chicken feed for all I cared. The sugar/craving didnt even register...it was the weirdest feeling...a kind of relief I guess - relief that I was not even going to go there in my mind - kinda like smoking. When I quit (about 3 years ago now) I just pretended cigarettes didnt exist - it would have been like putting a piece of chalk in my mouth a trying to light it...

I have to thank my nutrition though for being the main key in reprogramming my sugar cravings. My nutrition is really working for me - and I dont feel like I need anything else - and even though they are not the most interesting meals - I dont feel I am missing out on anything and my training is stronger than it ever has been before!

The only thing I have added is a warm mug of Dandellion tea in the evenings. I love this stuff - its so tasty and so warming now that it is freezing at night. I use the Symingtons from the supermarket...talking about chickens...this really looks like chicken feed...but 1tbs mixed with a little soy milk and boiling water...hmmm...might go and make myself some now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome.....it's the least we could do. :o)

Lia xxoo

Kaddy said...

WOW! 12 weeks has flown. Im so proud of you@! you're the trooper!

Bella said...

12 weeks? You mean 1 week...I reckon all that hot air from the cyclone has got to you....ROFLMAO!

RaeC said...

Way to go Bella!! You are on your way girl... these weeks will fly by, they are for me!! xxx

Jehanne said...

Hmmm might give that herbal tea a try! You crack me up Bella!

Bella said...

Dandellion tea varies in taste - I have bought some that is quite bitter but the Symingtons one has a sweet taste - I to was told it helps with bloating - I cant really tell as my nutrition hasnt been bloating me lately anyway - but I do know it helps me with sugar cravings - particularly at night. Hope this helps! x