Saturday, April 01, 2006

FREEDOM!


Ok - today is '3 MONTHS UNTIL HOT BODY ACHIEVED' and you know what? Im really ready for it! Seriously - I am ready for what lies ahead during next 12 weeks! I cant believe its almost been a year since I first started to 'learn about' correct training and nutrition - ONE YEAR!! And this 'better' way of living is just so natural to me now. I dont 'fight' against it like I used to - infact I dont even think about it as much as I used to...and I used to think/obsess about it A LOT!

I can see changes in my body shape since starting with my trainer - and I LIKE them! He tells me to just 'LIVE'- that nutrition and training should not be my entire focus - to just concentrate on 'LIVING'- follow his guidelines and it will all just fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. And you know what? I never doubted him. Not once have I got a bad vibe or a moment where I felt like he didnt care. HE CARES!...and the puzzle is fitting together nicely!

I have always been very conscientious - spiritually / mentally / physically - I try and find balance in my life and I live life to the fullest. I am extremely goal orientated, focused and I aim high and achieve 'big'. ('big' being things that I perceive as great for me and my loved ones!) I thrive on challenges and the thought of 'I could never do that' has NEVER - and I am serious - NEVER crossed my mind. Its a matter of whether I chose to do it or not.

During the past 12 months of my 'fitness' journey I have become a 'richer' person. No doubt about it - for 2 main reasons:

1. I now RESPECT my body - I look after it - I make sure I am not punishing or treating it unfairly - this is the only 'body' I am getting - no exchanges or refunds - this is it! I used to treat my clothes better than my body! ha! Not any more - hell no - and NO ONE will stand in my way or persuade me to treat it in any other way!

2. During this journey I have made connections with people that have completely enhanced all I have ever wanted to be and more. These people have helped shaped who I am today - someone who used to struggle REALLY BADLY with 'body image' but who has made such changes that even I dont believe it sometimes!! Their guidance, support, kindness, generosity, energy and love has been instumental in my growth and I will be forever grateful and thankful to them. Never did I expect to form such friendships over the internet! Never did I expect to have a blog! - let alone have a joint one with Kat! I know I will NEVER be alone now that I have these people in my life - even if I am on a desserted island....but as long as I have my laptop! LOL!

Phew - I know this post is a little 'deep' but as I embark on the next 12 weeks of my journey I wanted to reflect on the past 9 months - and know that when I have completed 12 months in total - I will have achieved the body-fitness-nutrition-training-over all APPRECIATION OF ME - WHO I AM - AND WHAT I AM ABOUT!

Big deep breath - am about to dive in - but this time I know I can SWIM!

The feeling is FREEDOM -

SPLASH!!!!!!!!!!

xxx

6 comments:

Em said...

Bella that post was AWESOME:)
The ethusiasim and appresiation of where you have come from, what you have learnt and the people you have made life long connections with is just AMAZING:)
Where you are close to achieving your goals i am just beggining, I know how excited i am now so i can just about imagine how excited you are:)
Good luck!!
Em:)

Bella said...

Thanks Em - I still have much more to learn but for the first time in a long while my heart is warm - I know that the path I am on is right for me and its just a really secure feeling. Cant wait to be part of your journey also ;-)

Em said...

I look forward to you being apart of my journey and me of yours:)
Em:)

Kaddy said...

dear meels,

you know i almost cried when i read your post because i am so happy with where u are. u r where i want to be, but i have no doubt i am on my way. having u a part of my life has enhanced it so greatly i often wonder whether i would still be on the same road without u here. i know i sometimes take the wrong turn but am forever grateful to u for being there in your lollipop outfit sayhing kat stop turn around and go back :)

love u lots and lots thank u so much
xxxx

Chontelle said...

Bella that was a great post! I am so glad to have got to know you and Kat and all the other great people in our blog community! I love hearing people's insights and it takes guts to shre your journey with such honesty... but you are inspiring people all over the world! Way to go!
xxx

RaeC said...

I am so excited for you Bella, and just think... the 12 week finish line of yours (or should I say 12-week evaluation for the next 12 weeks after this one) will coincide with me being in Melbourne!! I'm even more excited about finally meeting you face to face and to be cheering madly as you cross that finish line!!

Love ya xxx